Hypnosis is a non-invasive process that is natural and safe. It is a helpful tool to improve your life. You are in control at all times and cannot be hypnotised against your will.
What areas we can work on with hypnotherapy
Anxiety and Depression
• Stopping habits and addictions – such as smoking, alcohol and
drug abuse, gambling, manage weight
• Improve your fertility
Your mind and body are one system. Epigenetics demonstrates how our
thinking and emotions can affect our bodies down to cellular level.
Benefits of using hypnotherapy:
Break the cycle of stressful negative thoughts and learn to live in the here and now
• Managing stress and depression
• Create a healthy mind body balance
• Feel much more positive and more in control
• Remain calm and relaxed at stressful times
• Overcome trauma to find a sense of peace
• Positive strong frame of mind
• Overcome fears and anxiety
• Identifying limiting blocks and beliefs
Stress, limiting thoughts and beliefs and lifestyle factors can all affect your day to day life and also impact fertility and conception, reducing your chance of getting pregnant whether naturally or with fertility treatment.
The good news is that you can improve your fertility and IVF success naturally with hypnosis, breathing exercises, muscle relaxation, and visualisation (guided imagery) techniques.
Hypnotherapy helps you:
• Take back control of your life
• Create changes in your mind and body to improve your fertility naturally
and maximise your ability to get pregnant
• Reduce physical and emotional anxiety and stress
• Gain a level of acceptance for where you are at on your conception journey
Why is it so important to manage our stress? When you are stressed and the mind perceives any variety of danger—anything from a physical threat to a grueling day with the in-laws— or because you are having trouble conceiving, your body goes into what is known as the 'fight or flight' response. This is our body's primitive, automatic, inborn response that prepares the body to “fight” or “flee” from perceived attack or harm. The adrenal cortex starts producing the hormone cortisol known as the stress hormone.
When our fight or flight system is activated it increases your heart rate, sends extra blood to your arms and legs (which will need to run very fast from any tigers) and switches off any systems in our body deemed unnecessary for immediate survival – this includes your immune system and reproductive system.
Smoking and fertility
Did you know that both active smoking and passive smoking affect fertility? Actually, passive smoking (inhaling your partner's smoke or the smoke of someone else who lives with you) is only slightly less harmful to fertility than active smoking. The more you smoke the more you risk affecting your fertility – both your ability to get pregnant and the time it takes to get pregnant.
Smoking also reduces men's fertility. Heavy smokers produce up to 20% fewer sperm than non-smokers. The genetic material in the sperm (DNA) can also be damaged by the chemicals in cigarette smoke.
Benefits of using hypnosis for addictions such as smoking:
• Strategies for fending off cravings and relapse
• Root out underlying causes for the addictive behavior
• Create healthy coping skills
• Break the cycle of stressful negative thoughts
• Decrease stress and anxiety